30 March, 2007

Legally bald

I am going to shave my head.

And no, I am not joining the Blue Man group and endorsing Mirinda. Neither am I renouncing the world and moving to the Himalayas. I am going to shave my head because it is the only thing I can do that isn't illegal and that will shock the living daylights out of my parents.

My parents choose to believe that tattoos and piercings are a form of self-mutilation. Yeah sure, and I am Prince Charles' twin brother. "You're not allowed anything of that sort till you're 18. Okay?" No, no, NOT OKAY. No license, no alcohol (Not that I want to get drunk, it's just what falls under the category of fun. Or atleast fun till the next morning..) no super-cool movies like 300 (Which I already saw on pirated DVD out of sheer desperation and loved despite the godawful audio) no NOTHING. And here they aren't letting me get a tattoo? I am not driving around like a maniac killing people, neither am I being sent to jail for club-hopping, because frankly, I wouldn't know the door to a bar if it were dancing naked in front of me. So what in God's name is wrong with a tattoo? Everything, if you're my parents who think I'm conspiring to rule the world and then rid it of the anorexic.
There is NO justice in this world, I tell you.

So anyway, before I execute my plan of world dominion, I want to shave my head. And I really don't give a shit if it doesn't look like Persis Khambatta's head. My head is mine, it CAN'T look like her's, you hear me? and I am going to do this with the sole intention of pissing my parents off. And also partly to avoid trimming, conditioning and of course, shampooing.

Yeah.
Shave.
No more **gulp** hair.
Nothing left for my animal best friends to pull **grin**

Bald is beautiful, no?
No?
No.

10 comments:

Sandhya Biswas said...

amazing...! keep writin' :)
u seem 2 have a gr8 vocabulary and seem 2 b very expressive:P

dun brk ur head as 2 hu i am... jus found ur profile in orkut!
all da beshtt!

Mercury said...

Manu,

One understands and sympathises completely. I wanted to streak my hair blue and they didn't let me!!

Ofcourse a tattoo requires a little more tolerance for pain than I'm capable of .. But hang in there!

I think what your parents are worried about is that, by the time you don't need to ask for their permission, you won't want the tattoo anymore and you'll be stuck with it!!!

Happy Birthday again!

colour swirl said...

see. what if you get a very cool tattoo now that you grow to think is padu kevalam??

you will never be able to remove it. ever.

its like choosing a life partner very early.
like child marriage.


isnt it just easier choosing something you want to be part of you a later.

ummwah.
four more years.
et all.

Yogi said...

baldY!

Yogi said...

hey..dont think you know me, just ran across your blog from another one!so just dropped the nutty sarcy comment, and i think photobucket was under maintenance so you may have not been able to see my layout..but thats ok just another trial :)..thanks for visitin!

Anonymous said...

maybe you parents *know* that your rebellion is simply dipshit boredom

get a life instead of ranting about shaving your head or other inane things.

or better, find a cute guy.

Raveena said...

Nice post...Funny and Amusing!
Love the way u write!
^_^

Unknown said...

Manobee :)

Bald is beautiful.
Trust me :)
Its not the hair which is ur crowning glory but ur attitude and how u wear it :)
Ask me :) Ishaved my head off.
(now its growing back ofcourse)
What can I say? I must have fertilizer for brains or something :)

P4p4b34R said...

finally did you shave or not?

NJB said...

you could very well be the next Sinnead O'Connor.
Bonne chance.


Also, stop ranting about perceived injustice. You're so much nicer when you dont sound like a retarted simple plan song.