10 November, 2006

Why?

I want you to know..
That the stars are shining like there is no tomorrow. And that chewing gum will not make me put on weight. Also, your favourite Kishore Kumar song is on the radio. I was at a party two weeks ago. We gave the birthday girl hell by holding her by the shoulders and ankles and kicking her. It was a bit like when you would hold me and threaten to throw me and then hug me really tight when I cried.

Yesterday, I ate those ugly orange-cream biscuits you'd always buy when you came home. "Biscuits are healthier than chocolate, sweetheart", you'd say. You will not believe it.. It's raining here. In your Madras city. Can you see the rain coming down in sheets on me? I'm singing Pink Floyd and dancing your mad dance. I'm playing the air guitar and I know you're laughing just looking at me. But I can't hear you.

I also want you to know, that I love you. Very much. You left too soon. Took all of us by surprise, you did. Leaving just like that. It's mid-November already. Two more months to new year's eve. Okay, one and a-half.. sheesh.. don't yell! I know you're yelling. New year's eve. Already. Only, this time.. there won't be any "Why aren't you out with a million boys and partying, doll?" There will not be any chilli-bajji and cappucino on the Besant Nagar beach. There will be no more phone calls from Bangalore, no more "Guess who, pretty girl?!" No more you.


Why did you go?
I miss you..

2 comments:

Mercury said...

In memoriam? The fun fun uncle??

the internal insanity. said...

I swear.
there's always someone in our life who leaves us sooner than he came.
and it's reli depressing.coz we'd love them the most.

Tcha.
no wonder life is life.